Vulnerability Management Analyst
About The Position
Dragonfli Group is a cybersecurity firm that launched in 2008 with proven capabilities that assists clients in securing their mission-driven assets through cost-effective and automated manners. With multiple cybersecurity industry awards to our name, we are proud of the team we are growing and are seeking more driven and innovative cybersecurity professionals to join our Cyber Risk Practice.
As a valued member of our highly talented client service team, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment where you will fortify organizations against cyberintruders, protect critical information, and strengthen resilience against malicious actors. We look forward to meeting you and supporting your success in a rewarding career.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst will be responsible for scoping, scheduling, scanning, and identifying any vulnerabilities across a large government agency. The role supports the agency’s SOC with respect to the implementation of its cybersecurity policy, procedure, and processes. The analyst will assist with technical security assessments/validations of required security controls, review security documentation, and evaluate security compliance against Federal technical baselines.
- Assist in the review of vulnerabilities’ data & in the risk rating of vulnerabilities
- Troubleshoot, develop, select, implement, and automate security solutions to protect information systems against internal/external threats
- Provide support and resolution for scanning & vulnerability remediation reporting issues
- Effectively communicate risks of identified vulnerabilities & make recommendations related to cost-effective security controls to implement
- Provide technical support for vulnerability management projects
- Assist in standardization of processes & procedures with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Analyze Nessus vulnerability scans to identify systems compliance risk levels, non-compliance issues, security vulnerabilities, and to manage remediation activities
- Manage and coordinate system security continuous monitoring activities such as vulnerability scanning and audit log review & analysis
- Collaborate with Data Center/Security Operation Center (SOC) team in the review of vulnerability & compliance scan, track and remediate identified vulnerabilities
- Ensure scan results are presented in appropriate dashboards, reports, etc.
- Provide analysis and validation post remediation (e.g., opportunities for improvement)
- 1-2 years’ experience within federal agency, vulnerability management, and compliance monitoring
- Demonstrated experience leading cybersecurity vulnerability management & analysis
- Strong working knowledge of Nessus vulnerability scanning application
- Experience in vulnerability scanning, SEIM, penetration testing, network admission control, and advanced malware protection
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related discipline.
- Certifications: Security+, IT Security Certifications such as Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA), CISSP (Certified Information Security Professional) or CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager)
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Professional development allowance (annual)
$70 - $78K annual salary.